Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Doctor Update - 24 Weeks

I went to the doctor today for my 24 week checkup. I saw one of the other women in the practice and she was nice. I only gained 3 pounds since last time. Yay! My blood pressure was normal which is great. The baby's heartbeat was 150 bpm. Every time the doctor would move the Doppler, the baby would kick it and move away. It was pretty funny!

I have to drink the nasty stuff before my next visit for the glucose screening. I am pretty sure it can't be as gross as the stuff the gastroenterologist had me drink when they were running Crohn's tests. The Barium chalk test was the worst. At least this stuff is pink and not so thick.

Any suggestions on pillows are devises to keep me from sleeping on my back? I am a stomach sleeper but have reverted to my back during pregnancy. I have been trying to sleep on my side for the past few months but I always wake up on my back. I have tons of pillows on the bed to create a barrier but they are not working.

3 comments:

  1. what about the "snoozer"?

    http://www.maternityandbabyshoppingmart.com/pregnancypillows.aspx

    i've heard (obvi i've never used it) that it's a miracle worker

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glucose drink is no big deal. It's basically like really sweet Kool-Aid. Def. much better than I imagine barium would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to buy a maternity pillow and wound up settling (and not being dissapointed) with a body pillow in front and a regular pillow in back. It worked awesome!

    ReplyDelete