Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recipe Corner

I absolutely love to cook and bake. I always like trying new recipes and changing them around to fit my tastes. My dream (that I hope to pursue) is to one day own a bakery and maybe even a little cafe. I thought I would start a section on my blog where I add some of my favorite recipes. I saw that one of my friends did the same thing with her blog but she was way more creative and took excellent pictures. I will try and do better next time. Last night, I made a quick version of Chicken Parmesan. I usually like to make homemade sauce but I was rushed. Muir Glen Organic was an excellent substitute and adding balsamic to it gave it an extra kick.

Herbed Chicken Parmesan

1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 pound chicken breast cutlets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar Muir Glen Organic tomato-basil pasta sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese

Preparation

Combine pasta sauce, vinegar, and pepper in a saucepan on medium low heat. Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, and salt in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken tender in egg white; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Melt olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.

I served with orzo pasta with some olive oil, sautéed garlic and fresh basil, but you can serve spaghetti or angel hair pasta instead. Pour the sauce over each serving of pasta and place chicken cutlets on top. Top with a generous slice of fresh mozzarella. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment