Monday, August 16, 2010

Fabulous Weekend

We had such a great weekend! Erik and I had our childbirth class all day Saturday. It was very informative and I know it was great for both us to hear everything again. I especially liked the part where the dads practiced massaging the moms. I must say I was shocked by the lack of information the other couples knew about labor and delivery. These people are about to bring a child into the world and they had no idea what the process involved. Granted most of them were fairly young but I still think you would at least read a book or do some research on the Internet. Anyway, it was a good class and I am glad we took it.

I had trouble sleeping Saturday night so I woke up early Sunday morning. My nesting has really kicked in so I started organizing the office. Erik woke up to me going through bill files, arranging everything in piles and shredding like a mad woman. I had made a pile for him to go through which I know did not make him happy. But now the office is so clean and organized!

After breakfast, we packed up Bert and headed to my parents house. Sara was in town so we spent a little time at home. Then off to our close family friends house for a couples baby shower and cookout. It was hosted by my Mom's two best friends - Theris Williams and Sue Pinion. It was great to spend time with family and friends we don't always get to see much.

 The fabulous hostesses!

The adorable diaper cake Erik's Mom brought. Love the soccer rattle!

Sisters

Erik's brother-in-law Mike, dad Gene and Uncle Don

Erik modeling the diaper bag he picked out

Delicious candies made into animal shapes

Erik and his Mom

Sara, me and my Mom

Thank you so much to everyone who came and especially to the fabulous hostesses. It was a fun shower and we are blessed to have such amazing family & friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment