Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Finally...a new table

I bought a cheap glass top table from Wal-Mart when I moved into my single apartment in Midtown. It was just supposed to be a temporary solution for a kitchen table. It moved with me to our apartment near Lenox since we had room for a table. Then it moved again to our townhouse into the dining/breakfast area. When Erik and I bought our house in November, we finally got some new furniture including a nice dining room table. But we still had a breakfast nook area that needed a table. So the Wal-Mart special stayed once again.

After constantly catching my toes on the sides, wobbling in the unsteady chairs, and repeatedly cleaning the glass top - I was over it. Fortunately, Erik's sister works for Haverty's. We found a gathering table that matches our dining room table. She was nice enough to order it for us last week and as well as pick it up for us since it will not fit in our cars. I am so excited and can't wait to finally so goodbye to the old table. We have had a long but tremulous relationship and it is just time for us to part ways. So long old friend!


1 comment:

  1. My parents have a glass-top table that is the bane of my existence. Also very dangerous for little heads. Your new one looks great.

    ReplyDelete