Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Catching Up

I am so far behind on my blog but the past several days have been super busy. Friday we had a baby shower hosted by Erik's Tophat teams. I wish I had taken some pictures but sadly I did not. The pool deck had tables decorated with blue and pink balloons, pacifiers (which the 10 year old girls loved to play with), rattles and rubber duckies. The party was catered and had the most amazing food including petit fours decorated in icing with pink and blue booties. The table centerpiece was a baby bathtub filled with goodies such as towels, wash cloths, Mustella products, toys, etc. The team chipped in and bought us our convertible car seat which was so generous. They also had all of the girls buy their favorite book as a child and write a note to us inside the cover. I thought this was such a thoughtful gift and one that we will enjoy for years. I can't wait to read all of the books to the Lentil.


After the shower, we picked up the Bertus and headed to the lake. Tracey drove down on Thursday and Sara came Friday morning. We had a great weekend with the family relaxing in the sun. Tracey's dog Dulce and Bert both swam in the lake several times. It was hilarious to watch them run in the water and swim towards the toy. Bert was exhausted on Sunday night and slept most of the day on Monday.

And then last night we finally bought a new car! I know we have been talking about it for months. After Erik's practice at 8pm, we drove up to the Nissan dealer at the Mall of Georgia. They are the largest in the SE and assured us they would give us the best deal. It was the end of the month and they are trying to make way for the 2011 cars. We were able to get the price down to where we felt comfortable. It took me threatening to walk several times but they eventually agreed. My Dad would be so proud!

It was kind of sad to say goodbye to the Civic that I have had for 10 years. She was a good car! But we are now the proud owners of a 2010 Pathfinder LE. Can I just say how much I already love this car and I have no idea how to work half the stuff in it? It is black with tan leather interior. It has navigation, XM radio, Bluetooth, RearView Monitor, 3rd row seats and so on. The intelligent key is the best part. As long as you have the key on you, the doors unlock when you push a button on the handle. You can also start the car without the keys. No more digging around in my purse!

I have only owned one car and it was used so I am a little excited about having a new car!!!!



Now we just have to install the car seat and we are ready to go!

1 comment: