Friday, September 17, 2010

Early Baby?

Everyone at my office is convinced that I am going to have this baby early. We had two other pregnant women here, one due in May and one due in June. Our receptionist planned their baby showers a few weeks before their due dates. Both of them were 3 weeks early and delivered just before the office shower. Well, my shower is scheduled for next Tuesday so everyone is on their toes.

I keep telling them I will not be that lucky. I am going to be the miserably large pregnant women waddling around a week after this baby is due. I am going to try all of the old wives tales to help this baby along but I am pretty sure they won't work.

• Walk 2-3 miles every day (Bert loves this one!)
• Eat Eggplant Parmigiana at Scalini's
• Spicy food (Not sure my stomach can handle it)
• Tropical fruit
• Drink raspberry leaf tea
• Nipple stimulation (My Mom's teacher friends suggested this one!)
• Achilles massage (My yoga teacher said there are pressure points in the foot that induce labor)
• And then there is sex (sorry Mom, but they say it works)

I have also tried talking to the Lentil. I told him/her that Thursday, September 30th would be a great day to arrive into this world. My prediction from the beginning was Tuesday, September 28th but I want to go to yoga Wednesday night. So the plan is to go to yoga and get all relaxed. Have a nice dinner with Erik. Get a decent night of sleep if that is possible. Wake up to contractions before Erik leaves for school. Labor at home for a while and then head to the hospital. Such a perfect plan that I am sure won't happen in any way, shape or form like I just described it. It is always fun to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment