Monday, September 13, 2010

Hospital Tour

Erik and I had a very busy day yesterday. We met with our pastor and several other couples to discuss the baptism of the baby. It was great to go over the theology and methodology of baptism in the Lutheran Church. Plus, we really like our Pastor and it is always nice to meet with him. He is so down to earth and I feel like he really understands us. We are going to schedule a date on the church calendar for the baptism in mid-November.

It was a big day for Bert also since it was his birthday! We don't know his actual birthday since he was a rescue so we picked September 12th. I can't believe our little fur ball is a year old or I guess seven years old. For a special birthday treat, we took him to PetsMart to get groomed. Our black dog is now gray again. It is so strange how the layers of his fur are different colors. He was a good boy so Daddy bought him some treats and 2 new toys!

I played our first ALTA match of the fall season. My partner and I won in two sets which was a good thing because it was hot! Our opponents were quite upset that they lost to such a large pregnant lady. It just makes me want to keep playing more. I am going to play again next Sunday and then we will see how things go at the doctor. If I am starting to progress, I will regretfully have to quit playing.

After my tennis match, Erik and I headed to Northside for our hospital tour. I did not have time to change so I was quite stinky. The tour lady said she was jealous because she had to miss tennis today. She was proud of me for playing. See Mom, it is not a bad thing - even the nurse said so! The tour was great and I know it was good for Erik to understand everything for the big day. They did not seem very busy in labor & delivery so perhaps Sunday is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment