Thursday, September 30, 2010

Doctor Update - 39 1/2 Weeks

I went to the doctor today for another cervix check. I am 1 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced and +2 fetal position. Basically that means the baby could come today or it could come in a week. The baby's heartbeat was strong at 150bpm. I am measuring just shy of 40 weeks so she guessed the baby is around 7 1/2 pounds. The baby has dropped a little more and she could feel the head. She did a pretty thorough exam (ouch) which she said might help trigger labor.

Although I did not see my doctor today, we talked about induction. I really do not want to be induced! They will let me wait until next weekend before they want to induce me which is a week past my due date. My doctor is on call on Monday so maybe that is the day the baby will decide to make an appearance.

Tonight is eggplant parm at Scalini's so we will see if the myth is true. I am also going to walk several times today, climb up and down stairs, drink raspberry leaf tea and try acupressure on my hands, feet, calves and back. Fortunately, I am not that uncomfortable so I can stand to wait a few more days if I have to. I am just anxious to meet the little one. Apparently, he/she does not feel the same way about meeting all of us!

2 comments:

  1. The suspense is killing me. I think about you every morning, wondering if this will be the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I begged her to induce me... and she did! Don't be afraid about being induced. I was so miserable (and Justin too) that she did. So we went all the way up to Northside Forsyth. It was well worth it to have Dr.Garcia deliver Connor. And it was also an absolutely wonderful delivery. Hold out though; you are not miserable yet... I am thinking about you! Everything will be perfect. You just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete