Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Doctor

Last summer, I went through a 6 month period where I was just exhausted. I have always been the type of person that did not need much sleep and was energetic in the mornings as well as at night. It was strange to be so tired and unmotivated. This led to some depression which I know Erik did not enjoy. I went to my primary care doctor for a physical to see if he could find anything wrong with me. He tested my thyroid and said I had borderline hypothyroidism, which means my thyroid is not producing enough hormones. He checked  it again a month later and apparently it was normal so he said I had nothing to worry about.

I had told my OB about this when I first discovered I was pregnant. She tested me and said it was normal. She wanted to check it again on my last visit and it showed abnormailites again. She has refered me to an endocrinologist who I am going to see on Friday. Hopefully, he will just monitor my thyroid level and give me a hormone if necessary. I really hope this has not caused any problems for baby lentil. Of course, I am going to worry until a doctor tells me otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you...

    Can't wait for lunch and to see how cute you are looking!

    ReplyDelete