Friday, April 30, 2010

Endocrinologist

After a very successful new business presentation this morning, I went to see the Endocrinologist. I have been very nervous since I found out I had a thyroid issue. The doctor was very personable and really spent a lot of time talking to me. He explained in great detail how the thyroid functions and works along with the pituitary gland. Essentially, my thyroid is not producing enough hormones causing my pituitary to overproduce. This is the number they are concerned with in pregnant women.

They took 6 more viles of my blood - I think we are up to 25 since I have been pregnant. I should hear back from the doctor next week on my levels. If they are rising, he will most likely give me a low dose hormone which I will have to take for the rest of my life. If it is the same, he will just monitor it throughout the pregnancy. He assured me that no harm is being done to the baby so I have nothing to worry about. I feel so much better after talking to him and I am very thankful my OB recommended such a great doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment