Monday, April 26, 2010

Slacker

I have been such a slacker at updating the blog lately. Actually, I left early Sunday morning for Phoenix and did not return until late Friday night. Last year, I was awarded a scholarship through the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). The scholarship paid for my trip to Scottsdale where I took leasing classes at the John T. Riordan School of Professional Development. It was a great course and I learned a lot about our industry. It was also a great networking opportunity since people from all over the world were in attendance. We stayed at a Doubletree Resort which was nice although we did not get to enjoy the pool much or the nice weather. It was a good precursor to the big ICSC convention in Vegas next month.


On Saturday, Erik and I went to the Delta Employees Credit Union car sale. We test drove several SUV's and were able to rule out a few we do not like. We still have no idea what we are going to buy but at least the list is now shorter. And of course we got caught in the horrible storms so we were slightly wet. A few of our friends were in town from Denver and San Diego so we met up with Erik's gang for dinner. It was great to see everyone and spend time with the baby!

Sunday was a beautiful but windy day. Fabulous weather for a three hour, three set tennis match. At least we pulled it out with a win in the third set tiebreaker. My ALTA team moved up to A5 this season and we took first place yesterday securing another bag tag. We are off to the playoffs this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment