Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cravings

I have had a pretty easy first trimester. I did not have morning sickness and I was actually more energized rather than fatigued. I did have some trouble sleeping for several weeks and I have had some other issues due to my Crohn's. But the main change has been my cravings. And they are bad! I want sweets and I want them now. Cupcakes, cookies, ice cream - you name it. I have been trying to be really good about what I eat so I compromise with frozen yogurt or sorbet. But if I am around sweets, I just can't resist at least a taste.

At my last doctor's visit, I had only gained half a pound which was good. I am scared to see what the scale says next week. I am still working out pretty much every day and not drinking alcohol has certainly helped with my calorie intake. But then I bump it right back up there when I eat sweets. Easter was no help with my favorite jelly beans surrounding me everywhere I went.

The cravings seem to be better now so I will hit the gym hard this week and hope for the best when I am weighed next Wednesday. I know I am going to gain weight with the baby but I just don't want it to be in my butt and thighs!

No comments:

Post a Comment