Monday, April 12, 2010

Exhausted

As most of you know, I have worked with a wedding planner over the past few years. I work day of weddings helping with everything from coordinating the ceremony to packing gifts to setting up favors. A few months ago, Janice split from the old company (name not mentioned) and started Janice Blackmon Events. We have already worked several weddings together and Saturday night was our first Bar Mitzvah. It was over the top and cost more than most weddings.

If you can imagine 115 young teenage kids eating sliders & pizza, drinking coke and enjoying brownies & cookies. Then we opened the candy bar with over 20 different types of candy, mostly pure sugar like fun dip and sour patch kids. To help them wear off their sugar high, they had an incredible DJ with hired dancers. They passed out glow sticks, blow up guitars, big clown glasses, flashy rings, etc.

Later in the evening, the rap music started playing. Music that is typically played at a club and not even at most weddings. These 13 year old kids were out on the dance floor grinding on each other. It was awful and most of the adults at the party just let it happen. At the end of the night, the room was completely trashed. The photographers told us early in the evening that it would be a great form of birth control. A little too late for that!

On Sunday, I had an ALTA tennis match. Our team moved up this season to A5 which has not been too different from last season. The only difference is that I have been playing line 1 for the past two weeks. It was the first match that was really hot outside and the other team ran out of ice and water. It was strange to play hard which I am used to but get tired much faster. I hope to continue to play tennis throughout the pregnancy. I am playing T2 which starts next week and then USTA starts in June. I will just have to learn that I can't make the shots I used to make and I will most likely get a little bit slower. And no diving for the ball on the court!

2 comments:

  1. Gross about the Bar Mitzvah.Even harder when you can't really say anything about it! :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne! I found your blog from Renee's. It looks like you guys are doing fabulous! Congrats to you and Erik and best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy...you'll be great parents!
    Allison Kirchner Dawson

    ReplyDelete