Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pimp My Ride

Now that we are going to have a little one, I think it is time to get rid of the Civic. I must tell you that this car has been so great over the years. I have had her since my Junior year of college when she had 30,000 miles. She now has over 230,000 miles and is still going strong. She has had minimal repairs - radiator, clutch and boots - the radio only gets AM stations and the air conditioner has been on the fritz the past few years. She does hold the crazy record of 5 flat tires and being hit 7 different times while parked, twice by the same person in the same night. She has been a faithful little car and I will miss her!

We are now faced with the decision of what kind of car to buy. We have been looking at the midsized SUV's and Crossovers. Erik and I would both love to have a 4Runner but they are so pricey. I am just not sure I want to spend that much money on a car. We have considered the Toyota Highlander, Nissan Murano/Rogue, Kia Sorento and Honda Pilot. I also like the Volvo XC90 but it received terrible reviews from Consumer Reports. We want something with room for a child or two, Bert and storage. Safety and gas mileage are big factors as well.
       
I guess we need to get out there and test drive some to find out what we like. Any suggestions? 


3 comments:

  1. As you know, we have the CRV. I love it and when it dies will buy another. In my experience the cargo of the Pilot is not big enough for a dog or luggage unless you have the third row down. So to me, that sort of negates having it. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED my Murano and seriously miss it every day! It has the perfect amount of room for car seats and plenty of room for the person in the front seat in front of the carseat. It has GREAT storage in the back too!! You definitely need to test drive one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honda Odyssey! Ease of use and room to grow out weigh all other options!

    ReplyDelete