Friday, April 9, 2010

Clothes

For now, I am still able to wear most of my clothes although some of my pants are a little snug. I am so glad it is warmer outside because skirts are easy to pull off with a little baby bump. I am afraid of that morning that I wake up and can't fit into normal clothes. Luckily, my friend Renee let me borrow two huge bins of maternity clothes. She has some really cute stuff so I am very thankful.

I have not done too much shopping but I am trying to be prepared with the basics for work. Here is what I have found at stores so far.
  • Target - like two racks of big, bulky clothes. No thank you. More selection online.
  • Old Navy - more casual clothes but online ordering is great.
  • Ann Taylor Loft - online only with a small selection but good quality and excellent sales.
  • Destination Maternity - have only been in once but they have some cute stuff.  
I am trying my best to be frugal with maternity clothes. I kind of have this thing where I don't like to repeat outfits more than twice a season, especially at work. Well, that is going to be somewhat difficult when I am having to buy an entirely new wardrobe. Guess I need to get over it!

I did go to Sweet Repeats today which is a consignment store for maternity and children. Some of the clothes were not my style and a little dated. But I did find some cute work pants, Bermuda shorts and a great top all for less than $40. A few of the items even had the original tags on them which I assure you doesn't ever happen in my closet! The owner said they accept new clothes every day so I will certainly go back.

1 comment:

  1. I have this thing where I like to repeat outfits at least twice a week. Either nobody notices or people are nice enough to talk about it behind my back. I know it's more difficult for a woman, but it's kind of liberating if you can embrace it.

    ReplyDelete